Over the past few years, I’ve had the chance to discover what works and what doesn’t when it comes to Digital Marketing. I can tell you that through many tried and true efforts, these are the things that have helped me get there. Hopefully, it does the same for you.
1. Start with the end in mind. You need to think about what your main goals are and what a Digital Marketing “win” looks like to you. If you don’t know where you want to go, then how are you going to know if you get there?
Once you’ve developed your main goals, you need to figure out how you’re going to achieve them and what kind of a time frame you want to achieve them in. My suggestion is to set a yearly end goal and then break it down into months, weeks and even days where possible.
For help on figuring out your goals, be sure to request the PDF download under the resource tab, called “Tips for Creating A Digital Marketing Strategy”.
2. Spend some time getting Social. Social media is a great way to start out and the best part is ITS FREE to get started!!! Decide which platforms make sense for you and your business. Make sure that you have your personal pages set up first, with a clear definition of what you do, your experience and how you can help your Clients or Prospects.
Once you have that done, set up your company pages. These should focus on what your company can offer to Clients and Prospects. Make sure that you have your contact information visible and that it stands out when someone first looks at your page. It also doesn’t hurt to put a call to action at the bottom of your company description asking people to visit your website, email or call for more information.
Next, make sure that you’re active on your pages. Post relevant content, articles, resources and upcoming events that you will be hosting. Whatever you do, do NOT set up your page and forget about it.
3. Keep your Clients and Prospects informed with Email Marketing. This is an inexpensive way to reach your audience and land in the place that they frequent most often…. their inbox. Sending your Clients and Prospects informative emails is a great way to show your credibility, stay fresh in your audience’s mind and share information that could really help them succeed.
Start off with a monthly newsletter that features a blog or tip that readers would find interesting. Add additional sections that could include new book publishing’s, free resources, upcoming events that your audience might like to know about or any other informative pieces that would prove beneficial to your audience. The big thing here is not to put all the information in your newsletter. Be sure to put links or calls to action in all of the sections so that they redirect back to your website.
4. Hit record or go LIVE with Video Marketing. In today’s world, everyone is on the go and no one has the patience to sit and read blog after blog. Most people would prefer to watch a video on how to do something rather than read about it. (Which is why you will probably see this turned into a video shortly).
Take that blog topic you were going to write about and talk about it instead. Create a short 1-2-minute video that highlights your information and send it out to your Clients and Prospects. For your audience, being able to put a face with what you’re saying adds to your credibility. In my experience, the best videos are made with how-to lists or feature an easy to follow demo of some sort.
Feel confident on a certain topic? Facebook now makes it easier than ever to do a video with their Facebook LIVE feature. But be sure to make some bullet points to help you stay on track and remember to have a beginning, middle and end to your SHORT 1-2 minute video.
5. Recap, review and revisit your Digital Marketing Strategy often. Make sure to utilize the analytics that are provided when it comes to your Digital Marketing efforts. Platforms today realize that people want to see their ROI and have integrated analytics into all the categories that I’ve mentioned in this blog.
You will also want to make sure that your Google Analytics are connected correctly and are providing you with data to make sure that your meeting those KPI’s.
I recommend sitting down at the end of each month and reviewing each platforms analytics. Be sure to write down where you are for each KPI when reviewing your analytics so that you can be sure to compare it to the next month’s results.
Need help with a certain area that I’ve talked about, reach out and give me a call. I’d love to talk with you further about how to increase your company’s Digital Marketing efforts.